Compassion Understood Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Compassion Understood Limited of Black Country House, Rounds Green Road, Oldbury, West Midlands, B69 ZDG.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Site, subscribe to our services, search for a product, place an order on the Site or otherwise provide to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information or any other details of a personal nature you provide to us.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar or connected to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about products or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about products or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; and
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Compassion Understood Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Linked Website’s Privacy Policies
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of other organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies so please check the policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We utilise a session cookie to identify you - this is to assist with redirecting between the mobile and non-mobile versions of this website. It is also used to enable users to log-on and remain logged-on while browsing around the website.
We utilise a first party persistent cookie which is stored on your computer for use if the “remember me” option is chosen so the website can recognise users logging on to the website again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics in order to collect site traffic and usage information and this data is anonymous. This is done for the purposes of improving your website user experience.
Users can disable cookies at any time by using the relevant options in their web browser. This may have a negative impact on the browsing experience of some websites. Refer to your browsers help system to find out how to disable cookies.